Word on the street is there's a new Hero product in town. Say hello to Lightning Wand, aka your new brightening superhero.⚡️ It's a twice-daily illuminating serum that visibly brightens post-acne marks, scars, and sun spots. One of the key ingredients in Lightning Wand is gardenia florida fruit extract, which *spoiler alert* is an excellent brightener. Below, learn about all things gardenia florida extract, including where it's from, its benefits, and how you can give it a try and see it work its magic for yourself.
But first, the fast facts
- Type of ingredient: antioxidant
- Main benefits: brightens and protects the skin
- Where it's from: various regions in China
- Who it's suitable for: all skin types
- How it's used: typically found in skincare products and cosmetics
Gardenia florida fruit extract comes from an evergreen plant with beautiful white flowers called gardenia jasminoides. It's grown in multiple regions in China and is known for its exotic scent. It’s been used as a natural dye and has long been considered popular in traditional Chinese medicine for its medicinal properties. Of course, the benefits we most geek out over are the gardenia for skin benefits—the scoop on those, below.
Top 3 benefits of gardenia florida fruit extract for the skin
1. Brightens uneven tone
Gardenia florida extract contains ferulic acid, one of the most powerful natural antioxidants found in plants. If you're a skincare enthusiast, you might have heard that ferulic acid does your skin good. It brightens your skin tone and helps protect against all kinds of environmental damage. Consider it nature's own brightener.
2. Noticeably renews skin
Gardenia florida extract has nourishing moisture-boosting properties that can help calm the look of red, dehydrated skin. Applying it topically to dry or tired skin can significantly improve flaking, scaliness, and roughness. Impressive, right?
3. Smooths texture
UVB rays from the sun cause signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles. Well, gardenia florida fruit extract is an expert at that too. Over time, its rejuvenating properties create a visible plumping and skin-smoothing effect on the texture of your skin. Yes, please!
How to brighten skin with gardenia florida extract
Ready to give gardenia florida extract a go? Of course you are! Hero's new Lightning Wand is a great way to experience the ingredient's skin benefits for yourself. Gardenia florida extract, though, is just one of many fantastic ingredients in this after-blemish serum. Lightning Wand is a triple threat and tackles dark spots in three ways:
- Exfoliates—Lightening Wand contains glycolic acid, which does a stellar job at clearing away dead skin. Removing all the gunk means that the serum will penetrate better, and it'll work faster too.
- Brightens—What makes Lightning Wand so awesome is its epic combination of skin brightening ingredients. It contains a trifecta of niacinamide, tranexamic acid, and vitamin C, as well as licorice root, which boosts skin clarity and, of course, the ingredient of the hour: gardenia florida fruit, which smooths skin texture and helps brighten.
- Color corrects—Not only is Lightning Wand working its magic behind the scenes, but it also helps minimize dark spots in the meantime with a sheer peachy tint that becomes invisible on your skin no matter your skin tone. Hello, you've got important Zoom meetings to attend. We get it.
As soon as you've patched or popped a pimple, you can start using Lightning Wand on the area and continue to use it until the dark spot’s brightness looks restored. Plus, the brightening serum comes in a super handy rollerball packaging that you can toss in your purse and always have on hand. Like a superhero, Lightning Wand is always there when you need it.